Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. TruckerForum has changed it's look and feel! Tell us what you think!
  2. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which companies do hair follicle testing

Discussion in 'Trucking Companies' started by holger, Oct 24, 2008.

1. holger

holger New Member

Which companies do hair follicle testing for pre-employment?
  2. PeteNasty

PeteNasty New Member

that seems like a little much. i suppose that would depend on the lab that each company was using but as far as I know the FMCSA only requires that you pee in a cup and how many companies are gonna do more than they actually need to ?
    '
    I've never heard of any companies doing that in my own experience
  3. maxoverdrive

maxoverdrive New Member

jb hunt requires hair folicle tests at orientation. my nephew just started there, poor sucker.
  4. Nick Kats

Nick Kats New Member

Pretty Scary!

If you have to ask the question about hair follicle testing then you should stay off the road. I guess you don't have a family?
  5. scaniaman

scaniaman New Member

hell fire you really put your point across driver
  6. dean64

dean64 New Member

hair testing

If your the type of person who has to worry about that I would shave everything. Hell i would do it just to watch them figure out a way to test you.
  7. Nick Kats

Nick Kats New Member

No doubt.that would be pretty funny!

I did'nt mean to be an A-Hole in my last post. You just got to make the decision to clean out so you don't have to worry about this kind of stupid stuff! Lord knows drivers have enough to worry about like not killing anyone on the road and getting sued. I seriously never heard of the hair follicle testing though.

Nick Kats
    :twisted:
  8. fireball Magee

fireball Magee New Member

BNSF railway did it. I left trucking went to railroads. Now coming back lol. Anyway guy did shave his entire body like suggested.Nurse said " No prob strip down I am sure you have some hair around your anus we can use" Needless to say he left. Could be cause all in the room were rolling on the floor!

But seriously. Clean it up man. I dont want to see you on the road if your biggest concern is passing a drug test. The whole thin about the folicle test ( as explained by BNSF) is that its use to see a pattern of behavior. Supposedly you can see lil Timmy did this drug then took 2 months and did it again. I dont know how or if its true but sounds plausible in this day and age. Good luck.
  9. axebearingeagle80

axebearingeagle80 New Member

To find out who does it google the company name and add hair folicle behind it. I think its an invasion of privacy and should not be allowed. I'm clean on the road, but off of it I should be able to do as I wish. I'm a tax payer. Its better than these lazy badwords who don't work, do drugs and get food stamps and free money that comes out of my check. They don't worry about folicle tests, their biggest concern is if they will be sober enough to stand by their mail box on the 1st until that check arrives, then it starts over again!!!
  10. roaddawg92

roaddawg92 New Member

when they use the hair to test it will show go back a few yrs not sure how many. but if you ever had the need to smoke the wacky weed back then and dont do it anymore i guess they can use that against you. im not sure on this but this is what i was told by a company i worked with before.
  11. BLAKOWT

BLAKOWT New Member

Some info one may find useful:
    http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.asp
    http://www.testingclean.com/hairfollicle.asp
    With the standard utterance of "guaranteed to work or YOUR MONEY BACK!!"

As CLEARLY STATED, IF one is wanting to dodge/sneak around/avoid a test then DO NOT BECOME A TRUCK DRIVER as there ARE ENOUGH 1/2 WITS and TWITS about now, just LOOK at all the STUPID AND PREVENTABLE ACCIDENTS/WRECKS!!

If one shaves ones' entire body, one only puts more attention upon one therefore administering additional scrutiny (for being DISHONEST) and there's ALWAYS SOME HAIR SOMEWHERE.
    Nair DOESN'T get all the Hair, so beware.
  12. billybigrigger

billybigrigger New Member

drug testing (hair) list the companies

1. J.B. Hunt
    2. Snider (sorry can't spell n too tired to look it up)
    3.? .....please help add more...I'm researching :)
  13. BLAKOWT

BLAKOWT New Member

Schneider, same three beginning letters of SCHool. :rolleyes:

SALIVA works VERY WELL and can be done on the spot however when not utilized, Folicle determines definitive results.
    Blood is more accurate than Urine.

Using some hair (like some Urine) from some other person willn't help and will only get such drug testing person eliminated from ANY further consideration and may well result in other happenings like a FAILED DRUG TEST (RED FLAG) listed on their dac/usis/hireright file/record as well other things like possibly FRAUD charges.
    While there are no known cases, you (generally speaking) may well be FIRST....think about it!!
    Being charged with a FEDERAL FRAUD, since a DRUG TEST is on a FEDERAL DOCUMENT and a FEDERAL REQUIREMENT because a CDL is a FEDERAL ISSUE, is much worse than FRAUD alone.

CHEERS!!
  14. MADDOG

MADDOG New Member

Drug testing in Trucking

I think drug testing is very important is this industry I've been tested by blood and urine came clean but concerned about hair testing cause it can be false positive I know I;m clean but it can go back a few years I had smoked thc stuff before i got into trucking key word HAD don't want to risk my job or someones live but does anyone know if laidlaw or challenger have started the hair tests??? please comment thanks
  15. BLAKOWT

BLAKOWT New Member

There is NO DRUG TEST that
    !!

90 days appears to be the norm for hair tests.
    http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.asp

Check with Laidlaw and Challenger.
    If they do such tests, it's not covert information.

I've yet to be Hair tested as usually Urine tests are enough.
  16. Tater_Chip

Tater_Chip New Member

Just made me think of the dude in driving school that was there for his third time. They had started his schooling two times before but when his pee test came back hot, they had to send him home. Their policy was to give him as many chances as he needed (so they wouldn't lose the money).

The whole time we were training, he was drinking some homemade solution so that he could pass his drug test when he found an employer wanting to hire him. This meant that he had done some sort of drugs sometime after he passed it the day before right then. Scary riding in a truck with this idiot behind the wheel. Even scarier is wonder what he was doing after he got a job and was on the road by himself?
  17. BLAKOWT

BLAKOWT New Member

EVERY DAY someone driving a truck or combo is arrested for DRUG USE/DRUNK DRIVING.
  18. Antonio

Antonio New Member

Here is some of the best advice you can have. STAY AWAY FROM COMPANIES THAT DO HAIR TEST. There is a reason they don't mandate hair test for drugs. They are only 50% accurate in determing if someone uses drug for fun. A example of this is if you have been around someone smoking a drug and it gets in your hair. You will test positive even though you did not do any drugs. Another example is if you was at a doctor who gave you some numbing medication usually if they are cutting you. A hair test will show you used cocaine even though you didnt. I work in the medical field a hair test is not a good method to determine drug use. There are just too many variables and too many things that ones hair can be exposed to. They are not accurate. The urine test is by far the best method. If the company want to get rid of drug users then they should increase pay and drug test more often like once a week or two weeks.